Thursday 1 December 2011

Auditioning Actors

We short listed 7 actors and actresses which could take part in this trailer and informed all of them that they could be in this trailer once we have cut down the number to 4 characters:


Will Jewell

Amy Robb

Emily Bryson

Ed Price


Me

Beci Lee

Will Grimsey

Ed Price: He is a good friend of mine who has a history of acting in his drama club and was very enthusiastic to be part of my trailer. He isn't camera shy and has said that he will be very professional during filming so we can get the best end product possible. He was also the only person who was very keen to play the part of the bad guy so my selection to put his in my trailer wasn't hard.

Me : I decided that I would be the camera man throughout the production, because I am camera shy and have a better knowledge when it comes with the camera, as I do photography for an A-level. Being the camera man enables me to produce a trailer which is inspired by the Social Network trailer, as I understand the overall concept of the story and what will happen for the trailer. I will put my input in from behind the camera with such things as camera angles and how long each shot should be. I will deal with  the timings and dates for shooting as well as locations. I also have all the locations at my expense so I would need to be included in order to use them.
Amy Robb: She is a friend from the media class who is a girl and we needed a dominant female part in this trailer to be one of the main characters friends. Amy is an attractive girl and isn't camera shy so would be good to have in the trailer. She said she would try her best to be professional on set and give any ideas where they are needed. The only downfall to having Amy on set would be her availability because she has to work a lot so she wouldn't be able to make many of the shooting dates. This is why I couldn't include her in the trailer.

Emily Bryson: Emily is a friend of mine who I share a few classes at college with so I have got to know her and believe that she would be perfect for the role of the female friend. She is attractive, good with cameras and is available for all of the shooting dates that we have set. She was also very enthusiastic to be a part of the trailer so I had no hesitation in casting her as the female friend in my trailer. She is also very committed to her work so wouldn't mess about on set and would want to get the shooting done to the highest standard.

William Jewell: Will is my partner on this task so I thought it would be good if he was in the trailer so he could get everything in order. He is experienced in Drama getting a good grade at GCSE level. He has an idea of what all the lines to sounds will be like and where everyone will be sitting so he could direct people as well as act.

Beci Lee: Beci is a good friend of mine who is in my class for PE. She is a lively person and I think could bring a spark to the filming and is very enthusiastic. She could make some of the shooting dates but not all of them so she wouldn't of been my first choice over Emily who could make all the dates. She is attractive and punctual which we look for when filming. However with the fact that she couldn't make most of the dates I cant put her in the film.

Will Grimsey: Will is a friend of mine who I have know for ages now and is also a media student. He was enthusiastic to be in this trailer even if he has the smallest part. He hasn't had much acting experience before so I decided that if he was to be in our trailer he wouldn't do much speaking. He was available for all of the shooting dates and I thought that with his knowledge of media and shooting, he should be able to put a good input into the trailer. This is why I made him as my male friend in the trailer.

We decided on using Will Jewell, Will Grimsey, Emily Bryson and Ed Price.
The main reason on choosing the two Wills, Emily and Ed is because they all have background knowledge of Drama at GCSE level, which I feel is essential to use reasonable quality actors for our trailer. Ed has the best Drama grade, so I will decide to make him the Bad guy as he is the best able actor to play this role. Will Grimsey is mainly chosen because of his easy access to Will Jewell’s house so we can shoot a scene at his home. Emily is needed as the female actress in our trailer to get this realistic feel to the story. In addition, we felt that these 4 actors are good looking, trying to avoid unattractive actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment