Thursday 1 December 2011

Reflection on Target Audience

I used my audience research to find a suitable way to appeal to my target audience and to attract them into watching the film.
From the questionnaire I have found out that most of the audience find the Comedy and Drama genre of film as their favourite genre. This has given me an idea of what genres I need to focus on and I will hope it will appeal to the Drama genre. Also I will need to show evidence of drama scenes in the trailer as this was chosen by a lot of the audience in the questionnaire.
From the find your tribe research I have found out that the tribe that I found myself in was the ‘rah’ tribe. This social group have a tendency to be able to party hard and not worry about the cost or the consequences. If this audience were to be targeted then I would have to make my film something to do with modern technology such as Ipad’s or Social Networking sites which would probably be a good idea as the ‘rahs’ like the feel of popularity and involved with the latest trends, therefore I could have my trailer about an ordinary teenage boy with his group of friends who have this new invention...
So having reflected on all these factors together I feel that I will target a young male audience of the age 14-29 year olds. I will input money issues, the latest technologies, interesting locations which teenage boys use and have 16-18 year olds actors in my teaser trailer. This will be a modern biographical drama genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment