Thursday 1 December 2011

Reflection from Film Posters with links to own Film Poster

By researching the film posters I figured out how to analyse them efficiently and effectively. I have found out how it is represented and layered out to see who the film is aimed for. A lot of various techniques are used and put in to appeal to a particular audience.
All of the posters gave out hints and clues using both verbal and visual effects to show what the film is about. What the majority of the posters had in common were that they had shown a date to when it is coming out to inform to viewers. Also they had a strong photograph which gives out a meaning towards the film.
I have learnt that posters all have a commercial purpose but also have an artistic value. People buy them and place it on their walls. 
I feel that the posters which where the most simplistic, gave a stronger impact than those which had more information. They all have a unique look to them, as they are trying to attract a different type of audience. For example, the Ratatouille poster seemed much more unique through its illustrations compared to the rest as they were attracting the youngest type of audience.
After researching film posters, I will keep my poster to a simplistic feel, using an image as the main attraction to lure the viewers in. The photograph will send out a message about the movie but without giving too much away. Also I would like to make the title of the film stand out the most to help connect it to the photograph. I will also think of an extra graphic to give my poster a more aesthetic value.

No comments:

Post a Comment