Thursday 1 December 2011

Reflection from Film Magazine Front Covers with links to own Film Magazine Front Cover

By researching the film magazine front covers I figured out how to analyse them efficiently and effectively. I have learnt new technical language such as the ‘Masthead’, ‘Graphics’, ‘House style’, ‘lure’ and I have found out how it is represented to see who the magazine is aimed for. A lot of various techniques are used and put in to appeal to a particular audience.
What the majority of front covers had in common were that they all gave away freebies in the magazine, which tended to be a free Poster to make the reader pick it out and buy it. Also the Masthead and barcode was always present and were all placed in a similar layout with the masthead at the top of the cover and the barcode on the side of it.
Also I have found out that film magazine front covers use the main headline as the main theme for that particular issue making all the surroundings connect to it; for example linking the quotes and the House styles together, appealing to the same genre and target audience.
I now have a number of ideas on how to set up my film front cover to make it look professional. This has given me more of an idea than before on what I will use and put in my own front cover. I feel that every detail I will put in, will link to the main headline. I will use quotes and show other films that will be in the magazine within the same genre as my film to get this sense of connection between the headline and the magazine. Also a Masthead and a barcode will be placed in my front cover following the codes and conventions of the film magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment